In the opening of the movie, The Fellowship of the Rings, a famous line is uttered:
- “ . . . some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth.”
Today I want to examine other prophesies that Kim Clement prophesied. But before I do I want to make it clear that I am NOT debating whether or not Kim was a prophet, or even a Christian. I want to tread very carefully as no accusation is to be entertained regarding an elder without two or three witnesses (1 Tim 5.19). And since I never met the man before he passed away and did not know him personally, I refuse to tackle the nature of his faith or calling.
However, with that being said, as for weighing what he said, we are commanded to do so in multiple places in both the Old and New Testament. I simply want to stick to the words and context, to see what meaning we can derive. Remember, there are two ways to evaluate words and meaning; eisegesis (reading into a text that what we know now was what it meant then) and exegesis (deriving meaning from the text and seeing how it applies to us today).
- January 14, 2006 And some of you said, when the Spirit said, “Hillary Clinton,” some of you shouted out, “yes!” God said, “I have already dealt with her heart, not to be president of this nation, but to be president in a Christian world. She will have a testimony second to none and will eventually come out with it and make declaration that Christ Jesus saved her marriage, saved her child, and saved her life. And when this happens, there will be a shaking in the Democratic Party so powerful.”
There is an overlooked immediate consequence regarding the accuracy of these words. Note the phrase, “I have already dealt with her heart, not to be president of this nation.” It is spoken as a done deal. Yet she ran and almost won in 2016. According to Kim, God had dealt with her, according to future history, that was not reflected by her words or actions. That phrase should be a waiving red flag on attempting to use Kim as man who has a pulse on what God is up to.
Is there still time for her conversion to come true, absolutely. And it would be fantastic if it does so. Please note that this word was given almost a full year before the 2007 Donald Trump Prophesy Myth (see previous blog).
But here’s another issue. On one hand Donald Trump was to herald the praying president, but in 2008 endorses on his own blog Hillary Clinton. So if Trump or his followers believed that 2007 was true, than why wasn’t equal gravitas given by himself or others to 2006 that God has spoken Hilary is not to be president??? Why the disobedience to the “word of God” as spoken by Kim?
So lets rephrase the above questions from a Biblical perspective, “What would the world have looked like if John the Baptist, (who was to be the forerunner and heralder of Christ), or the early church, decided that John the Baptist was supposed to be the real messiah?” Would not complete chaos have ensued?
We have a saying about prideful, puffed up leaders and their need to promote themselves, and ironically it goes “Do not blow your own horn!”
If you choose to believe that Kim Clement’s directional prophesies are scriptural and that 2007 points to Trump, then it is clear from the very beginning that Trump was walking in disobedience as he endorsed Hillary in 2008. Remember, Saul, the first King of Israel was God’s anointed too. And likewise, God removed him from leadership after a short term for walking in disobedience. One can not have 2007 being true without 2006 being true, and therefore Trump was walking contrary to God in 2008 and most recently in 2016 when he sought the presidency for himself instead of paving the way for the one to come.
Now lets reference another futuristic prophecy by Kim in 2007 that most of Trump’s Charismatic followers assume to be true, spoken prior to the Trump as Trumpet.
- February 10, 2007 There will be a praying president, not a religious one. For I will fool the people, says the Lord. I will fool the people, yes I will. God says, the one that is chosen shall go in, and they shall say, “he has hot blood.” For the Spirit of God says, yes, he may have hot blood, but he will bring the walls of protection on this country in a greater way, and the economy of this country shall change rapidly, says the Lord of hosts. Listen to the word of the Lord. God says, “I will put at your helm for two terms a president that will pray, but he will not be a praying president when he starts. I will put him in office, and then I will baptize him with the Holy Spirit and My power, says the Lord of hosts.
So if Trump believes (or his followers) beleive he is anointed to be president instead of voted in to be president, and he likewise then believes that the February prophecy refers to him as well, one can understand his xenophobia. After all he is anointed to build the Mexican border wall to keep aliens out of our country unlike the scriptural emphasis to welcome the alien to live amongst us.
- Deuteronomy 10:19 NASB – 19 “So show your love for the alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.
- Deuteronomy 14:21, 29 NASB – 21 “You shall not eat anything which dies [of itself.] You may give it to the alien who is in your town, so that he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner, for you are a holy people to the LORD your God. You shall not boil a young goat in its mother’s milk. … 29 “The Levite, because he has no portion or inheritance among you, and the alien, the orphan and the widow who are in your town, shall come and eat and be satisfied, in order that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.
- Deuteronomy 23:7 NASB – 7 “You shall not detest an Edomite, for he is your brother; you shall not detest an Egyptian, because you were an alien in his land.
- Deuteronomy 24:17 NASB – 17 “You shall not pervert the justice due an alien [or] an orphan, nor take a widow’s garment in pledge.
Now Trump has moved himself from being the heralder, to the one to come. Now he has also built a type of wall that is in direct opposition to the Holy Spirit speaking through Scripture that God so loved the world that he gave. A popular modern montage is that the alien has no rights, but according to the quotes by the Holy Spirit in Scripture, an alien does have the right to live amongst us, be given free substance to survive, and is due justice!
If Trump is the fulfillment of prophesy as spoken by Kim Clement, then by the very words of Kim Clement and the Words of the Holy Spirit through Scripture, Trump has walked in disobedience to the “word of the Lord” from the very beginning. Is there still time for repentance if he should serve a second term as a split term president for these words to come true? Absolutely, just as much as there is for Hillary’s prophesy to come to pass.
To borrow from CS Lewis, regarding his Liar, Lunatic, Lord argument . . .
- Either or both Kim Clement and/or Trump are a Liars. . .
- Either or both Kim Clement and/or Trump are Lunatics . .
- Or Kim Clement is a true prophet with Trump disobediently usurping his role in politics and using the white Evangelical to do so . . .
But I will add still a fourth option, that all of it is nonsense from the beginning as the modern Charismatic movement is missing what the true heart of God is regarding the purpose and nature of prophesy. I will no cast doubt on the faith of either Kim, Trump or Hillary or what appears to be a majority of white evangelicals, but the wisdom of marrying faith to politics appears to be greatly flawed. Because according to Kim, we will serve King Jesus in the Kingdom of God, President Hillary in the Christian World, and President Trump in the natural world!!!! The more these claims are repeated, the more I understand whey the rest of the world wonders if we as Christians are not all “mad” as in 1st Corinthians 14.23.
After one begins to look at the forgotten history, the less sense any of the Trump as an anointed president makes. He was normal human being voted into office just as all his predecessors before him. He made some great decisions as president, and some deeply flawed decisions as president. And as the apostle Paul would say, “I think that I also have the Spirit of God” (1 Cor 7.40).
But one thing I hold true, regardless of what any of us choose to believe, above all else, Love Much my Friends . . .